duminică, noiembrie 21, 2010

inadequate

deep waters stir inside me
confused by salt on skin
there's grace and love and talent
alongside creep and sin

there is no truth inside me
just lies, sweet lies
that tell you all you need to hear
my gaze, my kiss, my touch
and all it is you long for
small parts of my design
of my desire to lure.

blind once again to reason or true calling
before your throne of beauty
I stand in awe and shame
is this soft breeze your whisper?
this luring heat a warning?
accept my soul - a wreckage...
I've no choice left... but bane.

through toils and snares, as ever, I'll endure
for no eternal glory i'd accept
dismantled by your gaze... inadequate, I wander...
away from truthful eyes
that still, ever so daring
stare back to blame the plunder
'f'what you fail to protect.

did I create the darkness
that surrounds you?
did the abiss oppress
your truthful heart?
your smile and innocence
ashore would guide my ramblings.
commend my soul now, dear...
so I may play my part.

Un comentariu: